Thanks Chuc for sharing your idea =)
This morning a lady brought in a Sugar Glider that she found on her driveway that morning.
After a quick inspection, so not to stress the glider out, we found that by the bites and marks over its body, it has been attacked by a dog and consequently the poor little thing has had its spine broken, paralysing its legs.
This is very sad, this is the result of humans not taking responsibility for their domestic animals. The Lady that found the Glider had her dogs and cats in appropriate enclosures, which means there are dogs roaming the streets and hunting at night.
What would happen if this dog had attacked a small child, then it would be a serious offence. But when a dog takes the life of an equally important creature, nothing happens. It is never the dogs fault, it is their instinct to hunt and chase things. The owner should be held accountable.
Watch where you step! In the last week or so, Eagles Nest has had a dozen calls about snakes in the bathroom, snakes in the roof, snakes in the chook pen, snakes and more snakes.
If you see a snake usually the best method is to leave it be. As long as nobody is in danger, the snake should pass by or move on when it is ready. It is when you corner them that they become most dangerous.
If you feel like you are in danger, please call the appropriate handler to catch the snake. Do not attempt to handle the snake, even if you believe it to be non-venomous.
If you are bitten by a snake, call Triple-0 as soon as possible.
Harry handling a beautiful small non-venomous python found in the roof of a chook pen. Harry is a qualified snake handler and has 31 years of experience with them.
Note: Most snake handlers are weary when it comes to venomous snakes, it only takes a second to get bitten. If you are not qualified with no experience but think you can catch it. DONT, leave it to the experts.